Valuations lie at the heart of most general practice surveying, and IC&A's wide range of assessments have covered all types, and scale, of Hong Kong properties, including:
- existing whole buildings - office blocks, residential towers, industrial complexes, retail malls, and multi-storey car parks;
- urban area development sites, and old properties ripe for redevelopment;
- New Territories building and agricultural land, some reflecting future alternative uses;
- hotels, including their retail and F&B components, plus:
- all types of individual premises - shops, offices, domestic houses, flats, industrial workshops, storage plus industrial/office ('I/O') premises.
Other more unusual, and even obscure, property interests we have valued include:
- port, and shipbuilding facilities;
- advertising stations / signboards;
- cold storage accommodation, and even:
- old fish farm ponds in the New Territories.
We cover the full range of property scale, from small flats to major prime investment portfolios measured in billions of Hong Kong dollars.
- Above: Elements of prime investment portfolio valued at 5 dates.
- Below: N.T. pagoda built after IC&A land grant processing.
Whatever the Hong Kong property, we seek the optimum valuation tools and evidence to assess value, aiming to meet clients' brief, be that for a short form abridged report, to detailed analytical document that may include cash flows, residual land valuations, or retail shop zoning analysis. Such reports have been prepared for:
- Asset revaluation;
- Potential sale or acquisition;
- Joint ventures;
- Feasibility studies;
- Rental assessments for either landlords or tenants, often at rent review, or:
- Liaison with government upon land lease modifications, regrant premiums, or waiver fees, and:
- Filing in Hong Kong courts or Lands Tribunal.
Over 200 of IC&A's reports have been filed in Hong Kong's courts or Lands Tribunal, plus many more in arbitrations and assessments by independent valuers, where market evidence and detailed analysis are both paramount.
The fact that clients and legal practices have consistently reinstructed us over long periods reassures us that our analytical approach, with attention to detail, has acknowledged us as market leading, not least by the results they have obtained.
We feel sure our decades of experience will cover property interests you, or your clients, require valuations upon, and these we shall strive to provide to an unrivalled level of detail, analysis, and professional best standard.
Ian Cullen has jointly authored 'The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors Guidance Notes on the Valuation of Development Land', a testament to his over 40 years experience in the Hong Kong valuation profession.
- Above: Old, new, and refurbished properties all valued for court proceedings, or sale.
Clients, particularly fellow professionals, appear to appreciate the quality of our services:
"I would like to complement you on your excellent capital valuation report. It is outstanding work."
"Ian is our go to surveyor ..."